Entertainment Benefits

RACV Entertainment BenefitsThe Entertainment Card

The Entertainment Card works in a similar way to the Solutions Card. Money is transferred to your card each pay and is then available for you to spend anywhere in the world where the VISA sign is displayed.

Unlike the Solutions Card, where you can choose the type of purchase you want to make, this money has to be spent on dining out, holiday accommodation or venue hire. There is a tax free limit of $2,650 for Entertainment Benefits.  So no matter what you decide to use your card for, you cannot exceed this amount each Fringe Benefit Tax year (1 April to 31 March).This limit is on top of the general tax-free limit for salary packaging.

What can I use my card for?

You can use your card for food at restaurants, cafés, hotels, take away outlets with a dine-in facility or provided by a caterer (such as a private function). Drinks are included as long as they are provided with the meal.

To comply with Fringe Benefits Tax legislation, your card cannot be used for:

  • drinks if you’re not paying for a meal at the same time
  • paying tips
  • buying theme park, cinema, concert or sporting event tickets
  • taking out cash advances
  • making BPay payments

Venue Hire and Holiday Accommodation

Your card can also be used to pay for your holiday accommodation or venue hire and this doesn’t have to be business-related either. You don’t have to decide beforehand as the same card can be used for both holiday accommodation and dining out.


If you’re not already packaging an Entertainment Card and would like to start, call us now to sign up.

Like to know more?

FAQs Read our Entertainment Card Frequently Asked Questions
Call customer service Call our friendly customer service team on 1800 680 180